“Just about anyone who works in a fire house knows how to cook,” Chief Fraze claims. This particular recipe is a favorite of his and he says it is always a hit with his guests. You can spice it up or down depending on what types of chilies you use and how you prepare them. No matter what you do, have the fire extinguisher standing by.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 lg. onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 hot yellow peppers
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf of fresh French bread
- First, grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Then finely chop the peppers, onions, and garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Blend together the cream cheese and mayonnaise and then fold in the pepper, onion, and garlic mix along with the grated cheese.
- Spread your mixture generously over an open-faced loaf of French bread and stick it under the broiler until golden brown.
Tip: Eat at your own risk.