This is a fun twist on an old favorite. Easy to make and even easier to eat. Chef Dom Ariza loves creating appetizers and jumped at the chance to create a new recipe for Bakersfield Magazine. “Appetizers are something you can be creative about.” He says, “You can dream it up, and leftovers are a creative way to invent your own appetizers.
- 1/4 C Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 C Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 C Diced Red Onion
- 1 C Small Bay Shrimp
- 5 Large Shrimp (for garnish)
- 1/2 C Jack & Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C Green Onion (for garnish)
- 2 -10” Flour Tortillas
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Cajun Spice
- 1 Drizzle of Fajita Sauce
- Heat oil on medium heat, sauté veggies until soft.
- Add small bay shrimp, sauté until cooked.
- Add Cajun spice and fajita sauce to taste.
- While that is simmering place tortillas on grill and add cheese to melt.
- When cheese is melted add shrimp and veggies, use a slotted spoon to keep out excess juices.
- Slap tortillas together and cut like a pizza. Garnish with green onion and large shrimp.
- 1 C Lime Juice
- 1/4 C Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 C Oregano
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate after use. This is a popular cooking sauce at Tailgater’s and clients rave over the taste.
Tip: Chef Dom wants you to remember that you can substitute chicken or steak for the shrimp and says with a smile, “There is no basic rules with appetizers.”